Access Manager (AM) – software for building a single authentication center for internal and external users, devices and services. Access Manager delivers the functions for centralized management of accounts and provides Single Sign-On (SSO) technology.
Which companies is this solution for?
- Large companies regardless of their activity type, which have a lot of different software in the internal IT-infrastructure, and which have a need to maintain a number of users accounts with passwords: In this case Access Manager acts as a single user account center. All programs are configured for Access Manager authentication.
- Banks that want to join the open banking interface environment: Access Manager that supports the security profiles in compliance with Bank of Russia standards is used in banks as an authorization server.
- Companies, which use OAuth 2.0 or OpenID Connect software and want to add business logic to the registration/authentication of users, devices, or services: for example, any mobile applications or ATMs.
- Site owners who wish to authenticate their clients through external providers, for example, Unified Identification and Authentication System in Russia.
Creating a single-point, centralized user accounts storage.
- Administrator update Access Manager settings, so the user can start using their company’s apps in according to specified rights, roles and groups.
- Managing password policies, specifying a password complexity, password expiration time. No apps where one can log in with a weak password (e.g, 123456).
- User has no need to memorize credentials for each app. With Single Sign-On technology a user can enter their login and password only once and start working will all apps.
As a result:
- Efficiency of the information security officer work starts increasing
- Number of calls and messages to support service gets reduced
- Ensures less risk of the information security, as the apps no longer store the records of fired employees, which accidentally were not blocked
- All information about user actions is collected in a single place due to the centralized audit
By protecting the services with the combination of Access Manager and Identity Gateway you get the reliable infrastructure safety. Protected services require presence of an access token in user request, so token safety needs special attention. Identity Gateway provides access tokens storage, so that the tokens do not get out of the IT-infrastructure of your company.
As a result:
- Compromise risks for access tokens gets decreased, as the tokens are not transferred to services users
- Your services are protected with access tokens
In case when your app needs special logic for registration or authentication, any scenario can be implemented with authentication plugins. It is possible to apply authentication for users and clients, mobile devices and ATMs.
As a result:
- Authentication plugins provide your business requirements for any type of authentication
Cutting-edge technologies stack
System core is created with.NET Core; administrator’s UI and personal area is written with ReactJS
Access Manager is written with .NET Core, so it works both in Windows and Linux
AM supports horizontal scaling (servers cluster can be configured)
Virtualization and Docker support
AM works on physical and virtual as well as in Docker container
No UI mode
AM can work when administrator’s UI is turned off; in this situation configuring is performed via static files and administrative operations – via admin API
Support connections only by secure HTTPS protocol. Trusted X.509 certificate should be installed for AM server authentication
AM supports industry security standards:
- OAuth 2.0
- Open ID Connect
Access Manager is implemented with module approach; API for designing extension modules is also provided
Request a call
Leave your contact details to get more information about eKassir solutions, implementation, or anything else from our team